A number of factors are taken into consideration when selecting students for enrolment. These include (but are not limited to):
- Applicant’s performance on entrance exam and interviews
- Availability on the applied year level
- Date of application of enrolment
- Current enrolment of siblings
If you believe Sirius College may be the right place for your child, please contact the relevant campus office during business hours. Alternatively, you may send an email to the relevant campus’ email address.
We will be happy to provide you more information about the school, plus all the information you will need to know when enrolling your child.
You may also like to visit us during the Open Day to get a better feel for the School.
How to be a Sirius College Student
In order to apply for a placement at SIRIUS College it is necessary to complete an Application and Enrolment Form available from the general office or school’s webpage (www.sirius.vic.edu.au). This form should be lodged with the receptionist and include a (non-refundable) application fee of $55.
The College will publish an official annual entrance exam day often held mid-year. All applicants are invited to take this exam. Applications submitted after the scheduled entrance exam may be invited to sit the entrance exam at a later date. According to entrance exam results applicants will either be invited to attend an interview, placed on a waiting list or be deemed unsuccessful and given the option of applying the following year. Applications must be made at least 3 days to the annual entrance exam.
Students who meet satisfactory outcomes of the College are then invited to the interviews. The interview is a critical part of the enrolment process. One or both parents must attend the College with the child. Interviews are an invaluable opportunity for SIRIUS College staff to discover details about the family and the child and discuss their suitability to the school. It is an important opportunity to learn about the school ethos and management, and an opportunity for parents to discuss any special abilities or needs of the child.
The following documents are expected to be provided along to the interviews:
- Last one or two years’ school reports,
- NAPLAN results,
- Awards, Certificates and other supporting documents of achievements.
Applicants who have successfully completed the entrance exam and interviews will be given an Offer of Placement. All offers will be made in writing by the Principal and there will be a given period (generally two weeks), in which a response must be received before the offer is withdrawn and offered to the next child on the Waiting List.
The following guidelines will be taken into consideration when assessing applications for enrolment:
- Students enrolling at SIRIUS College as part of a Foundation intake will be required to provide proof of age (indicating that they have turned 5 years of age by the 30th June of that year) and an Immunisation Certificate.
- A child who is less than the minimum age of entry for Sirius College but has transferred from an interstate school is eligible for enrolment. Evidence of age and full-time enrolment at the interstate school must be provided.
- Students wishing to enrol at SIRIUS College from a neighbouring school will be able to do so on the condition that it is until the beginning of term 3, except if the student seeking enrolment is from interstate.
- Students transferring from other SIRIUS College Campuses or sister Colleges will be given priority listing on the waiting list.
- Every effort will be made to accept brothers and sisters of current students enrolled at SIRIUS College but no guarantee can be given.
- Students of staff members will be accommodated (where possible).
- Intercampus transfers will not need an examination except for the case for diagnosing the academic level of the student.