Sirius College offers following scholarships for secondary students.
General Excellence Scholarships*
At Sirius College we encourage our students to excel academically and we are pleased to reward our high achievers with one of our two categories of academic scholarships.
Full Academic Scholarship (90% of the subsequent year’s tuition fees paid by the school).
Half Academic Scholarship (45% of the subsequent year’s tuition fees paid by the school).
To be eligible for an Academic Scholarship;
- A student must sit all semester exams for both semesters and
- attain a yearly weighted average of 90% or above to qualify for a Full Academic Scholarship.
- or attain a yearly weighted average of 85% or above to qualify for a Half Academic Scholarship.
- A student who sits all semester exams for one semester only and
- attains an overall average FOR EACH SEMESTER of 90% or above, qualifies for a Full Academic Scholarship
- or attains an overall average FOR EACH SEMESTER of 85% or above, qualifies for a Half Academic Scholarship.
- Any student who misses both semester exams for any specific subject will not be eligible for a scholarship regardless of his averages.
- Currently enrolled students need to complete a full school year to be eligible, but students in their first year at Sirius College are exempt from this requirement.
- A student is automatically disqualified from being awarded any scholarship if he has been issued with a suspension anytime during the school year, or has been involved in any incident which the management committee considers serious enough to disqualify that student from being awarded a scholarship.
Financial Difficulties Scholarships*
The School Board recognizes that families can experience both short term and long term financial hardship as a result of loss of income through illness or other circumstances beyond their control. To this extend, families who are experiencing difficulty in meeting the fee requirements of the College can request assistance by completing ‘Student Scholarship Form’. Financial assessment will be made as to eligibility and an interview (with Principal) and supporting documentations may be requested to enable a confidential and considerate assessment of the family’s circumstance.
Applications must be lodged to Sirius College campuses before the end of term 3 of each academic year.
Maximum scholarship will not exceed 90% of the tuition fee.
Account holder who has been awarded scholarship must have no outstanding account balance for the current year in order to receive current year’s scholarship.
Bond will not be refunded to the account holder if bursary equivalent or more to their bond amount is received for their child(ren).
What does a scholarship cover?
Each year Sirius College awards a number of academic scholarships of up to 90% of the tuition fee. The scholarship awarded applies to the relevant Sirius College tuition fee, but not to uniforms, text books, excursions, camps, bus, dormitory, pastoral care or other personal items.
* Conditions may apply